Everything we do is designed to simplify the management, ownership and transition of the private enterprise whenever possible. Since we opened our doors in 2002, certain events have become somewhat common in Family Owned Business planning. We have distilled them down to these 10 steps:
Phase 1 – FOR FAMILY OWNED BUSINESSES (FOBs) and PRIVATELY HELD FIRMS
- Complimentary Consultation to define the Business Owner(s)’ long term goals for the business, and to discuss the current business model. No Obligation. Duration: (≤ 1 day)
- FISH Model session to deconstruct the current business model and reconstruct in a streamlined form, tailored specifically to achieve the long term goals. (1 day)
- Strategic Plan to create the template for the leadership team to implement the business model. (1 day)
- Executive Search, if necessary, to fill critical gap(s) in the team. (~90 days)
- Introduce Subject Matter Experts to implement specific or esoteric improvements. (concurrent with Search)
Phase 2 – FOR BUSINESS OWNING FAMILIES (BOFs)
- Meet separately and collectively with family members to discover and align expectations.
- Define the Business Owning Family’s collective long term goals.
- Assess current plan for transition and succession to achieve the long term goals.
- Identify gaps.
- Introduce Subject Matter Experts to implement specific or esoteric improvements.